MISI is seeking an experienced Audio-Visual/Multimedia (AVMM) Engineer at our DreamPort facility located in Columbia, Maryland. The selected candidate will be responsible for the design, installation, and maintenance of all audio-visual/multimedia systems. They will ensure that all multimedia equipment is set-up, operational, and properly configured. They will be responsible for room preparation for events and conferences, production and editing of video, running, and maintaining our in-house studio and its associated equipment, etc.
- Manage the daily activities of configuration and operation of all AVMM systems.
- Transporting, setting up, installing and operating media equipment and AV support tools, including speakers, monitors, cameras, projectors, microphones, lighting, equipment racks etc.
- Ensure conference rooms are properly configured (physical configuration; chairs, tables, etc.) before scheduled events/meetings.
- Ensure all conference room equipment is started and tested on a weekly basis to confirm all equipment is in proper working order.
- Perform regular checks on the Crestron systems to ensure proper working order.
- Serve as the lead for MOOD Media equipment, both the account and the daily branding within the facility and ensure all monitors are running from 7am-7pm with current and appropriate media.
- Manage MISI and DreamPort Social Media platforms to include content and engagement.
- Responsible for overseeing all functions of the studio to include:
- Establishing virtual infrastructure and support, setup and testing for Video/Web based meetings and virtual conferences
- Executing technical check sessions, webinars, virtual conferences
- Recording and editing video footage
- Posting video footage to MISI events
- Uploading content to YouTube and Twitch platform
- Responding to inquires/requests via DreamPort Presenter alias
- Ensure studio is properly equipped and configured to include backup equipment
- Maintain the physical appearance and cleanliness of the studio
- Develop and maintain operational guides (SOP’s) that are specific and detailed and sharing it with backup operators.
- Document hardware and software configuration management processes and procedures.
- Troubleshooting problems that arise with video, audio, and/or studio operations.
- Provide support and training to users in the operations of videoconferencing and/or AVMM systems.
- Disassembling equipment, wiring and support tools in a safe manner when needed.
- Responsible for cleaning, maintenance or requesting repair for all equipment.
- Submitting requests for inventory via Management and our internal PO process.
- Work with DreamPort Director and/or Event Coordinator upon receiving event requests to confirm current equipment can accommodate client needs.
- Provide Tiered (Help Desk) problem identification, diagnosis, and resolution of problems
- Coordinate, organize and/or direct hardware installations across multiple MISI sites.
- Maintain and develop the environment for hardware and software product build, staging, testing, and integration.
- Apply concepts and define and implement hardware and software configuration management processes and procedures, such as creating product build scripts and procedures, and integrate those scripts with the hardware and software build process.
- Conduct analysis on AVMM systems by ensuring designs are cost efficient, able to be integrated, and reliable.
- Designs, documents, and develops code for programmable devices.
- Analyze complex hardware systems, hardware design, architecture, network design and other technical hardware issues.
- Streamline control system interfaces to be fully automated and maximize user experience.
- Configure control systems, communications devices, and peripheral equipment.
- Design a wide variety of AVMM solutions including multi-level security VTC/PC systems, enterprise level VTC and collaboration systems, conference rooms, classrooms, command centers, auditoriums, digital signage, and streaming.
- Act as equipment custodian and perform inventory asset management and accountability functions.
- Assist in defining and implementing hardware and software configuration management processes and procedures, such as creating product build scripts and procedures, and integrating those scripts with the hardware and software build process.
- Provide technical leadership and coaching for Tier 1 AV/MM technician(s).
- Develop AV/MM installation schedules based upon equipment delivery, integration complexity, and organizational priorities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3-6 years’ experience as an AV/MM Engineer with skills in some or all the following areas:
- Analog, SDI and HD SDI signal processing and conversion
- Scalable video coding
- Compression and decompression techniques
- Audio processing
- Sound reinforcement and speaker placement
- Sightlines, screen size and projection distances
- Integration/use of HID via Crestron DM Switch
- Cable termination (Fiber, coper, audio, control, etc.)
- Maintenance of various HD/SD broadcast equipment
- Integration of audio and video teleconferencing systems
- Installation/maintenance of IP based television
- Operation and set-up of various broadcast production switchers and audio mixers
- Integration of wired/wireless microphone systems and configurations
- Design, system integration and maintenance of AV/MM systems
- Computer Aided Design (CAD)
- Multi-classification VTC and PC integration with numerous security mitigation techniques
- Custom fabrication of parts and cables
- Installation of low voltage wiring/cable; soldering/termination of connectors; equipment wiring
- Associate degree in AV Technology or related field
- Working knowledge of camera and lighting techniques
- Strong working knowledge of AV editing equipment and software
- Excellent computer, electronic, and troubleshooting skills to include IP Networking Systems
- Excellent customer service skills
- Attention to detail, especially when working under pressure
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work and thrive in a high visibility, fast-paced environment
- Must be reliable, professional, self-motivated, and enthusiastic
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing requirements
- Ability to be flexible with scheduling
- Bachelor’s Degree AV Technology, Sound Engineering, Digital Services, TV Production, Visual Arts, Communications, or related field
- 10 years prior experience in AV Technician or similar role
- Experience working in fast-paced environment
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects, materials and or equipment of moderate to heavy weight (25-75lbs) at times.
- May require climbing a ladder, crawling under tables at times.
- Requires walking a 40K-80K square foot facility at times.
- Tasks may sometimes involve extended periods of time at a computer monitor.
Salary Range: $65k-$80K
MISI provides a variety of benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, a generous 401K retirement savings plan, and a discretionary time off policy.
MISI is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.