MISI is seeking an experienced Event Coordinator at our DreamPort facility located in Columbia, Maryland. The selected candidate will be responsible for supporting our team with the coordination of events and other special projects including monitoring plans, schedules, resources, and organizing and participating in meetings to ensure all event/project deadlines are met and events/projects are executed flawlessly.
Duties/Responsibilities also include:
- Assist with coordination of all events across MISI and in various locations.
- Assist with monitoring the mailbox for all event requests and requests for information.
- Execute and track accurate invoices for customer events, activities, and other projects across MISI.
- Lead and execute small to mid-size events such as Coffee & Conversations, Tech Talks, Networking socials and other events as assigned.
- Manage MISI and DreamPort Social Media platforms to include content and engagement.
- Organize Senior-level visits to include creating agendas, managing logistics, ensuring graphics are relevant, available and displayed, etc.
- Research topics of interest within the cybersecurity and technology field to maintain an awareness of emerging trends and activities within the community.
- Coordinate and work with team members to keep workflow on track for various events/activities/projects.
- Serve as the backup tour guide for guests/visitors as needed.
- Assist with and attend MISI sponsored conferences and events as needed.
- Answering/screening phone calls from vendors, government personnel and all other calls.
- Communicate with vendors and customers and respond to inquiries as needed.
- Facilitate communication between event/project leaders and provide regular status updates.
- Schedule and attend meetings between customer, stakeholders, employees, and the PM.
- Perform other administrative/clerical support duties as assigned including but not limited to preparing and sending email communication, memos, meeting minutes, etc.
- Provide project/event support and help team members complete tasks as needed.
- Associate degree
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Attention to detail, especially when working under pressure
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work and thrive in a high visibility, fast-paced environment
- Must possess a friendly and personable demeanor
- Must be reliable, professional, self-motivated, and enthusiastic
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing requirements
- Must be proficient in MS Office applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to be flexible with scheduling
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field
- 5 years prior experience in project coordinator or similar role
- Experience working in fast-paced environment
- Ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work.
- Some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of light weight (5-10lbs) at times.
- Requires walking/touring of a 40K-80K square foot facility at times.
- Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a computer.
Salary Range: $47k-$57K
MISI provides a variety of benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, a generous 401K retirement savings plan, and a discretionary time off policy.
MISI is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.