Event: UMBC Workshop Series: Python Syntax Basics and SQL Database Interaction
Date: June 28, 2021 | 9am - 4pm EST
Physical only Participation at DreamPort in Columbia, MD
Registration limited to 20 participants
UMBC Training Centers Python Programming course introduces the Python language to students that have prior experience in programming but want to gain a specific expertise in Python. This course will cover the critical language components such as Python types, control flow, looping constructs, working with Python collections, functions, and modules. After learning the language fundamentals, it will also introduce students to using MySQL and Python to automate the four basic database operations commonly referred to as CRUD: create, read, update, and delete.
This workshop introduces students to:
- Creating and executing Python programs from a Linux command-line shell
- Using correct Python syntax in Python programs
- Gaining a working knowledge of fundamental Python programming constructs such as variables, conditional logic, control flow, loops, functions, and built-in data types such as Python lists and dictionaries
- Writing a user-defined Python function
- Using the io module in Python to read and write disk files
- Applying Python strings, lists, dictionaries and other constructs to manipulate a MySQL database by creating, reading, updating and deleting records.
We look forward to seeing you on June 28!