MISI is seeking an experienced Junior Program Manager (JPM) at our Columbia, MD location to join our team. The Program Manager will manage cost, schedule, and manage performance for specific programs. The ideal candidate easily juggles multiple priorities and deadlines. They communicate clearly and build positive working relationships. The PM will be responsible for using agile methodologies to inform program management decisions regarding the performance and progression of the assigned program(s).
The candidate selected will be joining an organization that is dynamic, diverse and welcomes creative thought and ambition. The Senior Program Manager responsibilities may include:
- Understand task requirements to ensure management of cost, schedule, and performance, allocating resources (staffing, facilities, and budgets) for the program.
- Identify and onboard new subcontractors to support the program.
- Plan, manage, and track program schedule, identifying all stakeholders’ dependencies, program baselines, budgets, and track program deliverables.
- Rapidly assemble, execute, and address unexpected costs, schedule, or technical program/contract issues.
- Prepare program status reviews and other formal reviews to be presented to Government and program stakeholders.
- Ensure program activities and cross-discipline integration are met to meet performance goals.
- Successfully collaborate in a blended work environment with civilian, military, government, contractor, and other team members.
- Identify program risks and dependencies; develop risk mitigation strategies and plans.
- Collaborate with teams to identify program and process issues and provide recommendations and solutions; including escalation plans and strategies.
- Communicate program issues to program stakeholders in a timely and transparent manner.
- Establish repeatable program management processes through agile methodologies.
- Organize and oversee planning meetings to facilitate decision-making and conflict resolution; building consensus among project team members regarding task requirements, sequencing, and interrelationships within the program.
- Deliver Weekly Activity Reports, Monthly Activity Reports, and conduct Monthly Program Management Reviews.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Active Secret security clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science, Cyber, or another related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant program management experience and understanding of program financials (including pricing components/ wrap rates, etc.)
- Experience with government implementation efforts
- Experience with Multinational foreign partners
- Understanding of Agile methodologies.
- Proven experience managing contracts of at least $5m+, including multiple subcontractors.
- Excellent communication, presentation and problem-solving skills and organizational skills with the ability to establish priorities.
- Must be reliable, professional, self-motivated, and enthusiastic with strong work ethic.
- Superior communication and presentation skills
- Ability to lead initiatives, manage deliverables, and realize nontraditional solutions.
- Must have the ability to work well in a team environment;
- Must be proficient with MS Office (MS Project a plus)
- Experience with development and/or production program execution in DoD/Intelligence Community.
- Experience with DCAA and developing provisional rates.
- Master’s Degree with 8 years of relevant experience
- Active TS/SCI with FSP security clearance
- Military experience a plus
- PMP Certification a plus
- Ability to exert light physical effort including walking, climbing stairs, bending, carrying.
- Must be able to push, pull and reach.
- Primarily sedentary, office work
- Ability to sit at a computer and type on a keyboard for long periods of time.
Salary Range: $90,000.00-$125,000.00
MISI provides a variety of benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, a generous 401K retirement savings plan, and a discretionary time off policy.
MISI is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the link below because of your disability. To request accommodation please contact us at 443-626-4450 and provide the job title, your name and contact information.